Over 550 museums around the world are participating in ‘Ask a Curator Day’ on Twitter today. Here are some of the art museum curators I’ll be watching throughout the day:
- SFMOMA: Ace photography curator Corey Keller. Her exhibitions include the exceptional “Brought to Light: Photography and the Invisible, 1840-1900.”
- MoMA: A rotating team of curators including “Soundings” curator Barbara London, “American Modern” curators Esther Adler and Kathy Curry, chief conservator Jim Coddington and photo curator Roxana Marcoci. (Adler also curated the Dorothea Rockburne exhibition featured on this week’s Modern ARt Notes Podcast.) See here for times.
- J. Paul Getty Museum/Trust: Another rotating lineup. Don’t miss Getty Research Institute photography curator Frances Terpak (who recently helped acquire the Lewis Baltz archive for the GRI) and former MAN Podcast guest Christine Sciacca, whose recent “Florence at the Dawn of Renaissance Painting” was one of the smartest exhibitions of 2012.
- The MCA Chicago and Harvard Art Museums are also featuring rotating lineups.
- Whitney Museum of American Art: “Hopper Drawings” curator Carter Foster.
- LACMA: Christine Kim, whose credits include the museum’s ongoing James Turrell survey, numerous permanent collection installations and a number of noted Studio Museum in Harlem survey shows including “Freestyle” and “Frequency.”
- Studio Museum in Harlem: Bearden Project curator Lauren Haynes, followed by director/chief curator Thelma Golden.
- New Museum: Former Rhizome director and 2015 New Museum triennial curator Lauren Cornell.
- Public Art Fund: Director/chief curator Nicholas Baume.
- MOCA: “Suprasensorial” curator Alma Ruiz.
Just for good measure: I’m sure I’ll be re-tweeting plenty of good stuff from @TylerGreenDC.