- Pulitzer Prize-winner Sebastian Smee absolutely and smartly hammers the Museum of Fine Arts Boston for some weak exhibitions and for its monetization of its collection. (And hands out some plaudits too.)
- Kenneth Baker looks at the year in art in the Bay Area.
- For the NYT, Karen Rosenberg visits Ed Ruscha’s current Gagosian show in Chelsea.
- Robert Wilonsky takes to the Dallas Morning News’s arts blog to try to learn when a popular Jonathan Borofsky will return to the Nasher.
- The Village Voice’s art critics offer some wonderfully eclectic best-of-NYC picks.
- On Wednesday: MAN’s best of 2012 list.
- On this week’s Modern Art Notes Podcast: Two curators discuss big, important exhibition. MoMA’s Leah Dickerman on her new survey of the dawn of abstract painting and the Whitney’s Dana Miller on her Jay DeFeo retrospective, now at SFMOMA. Download the show, subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, RSS.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green
Tyler Green Modern Art Notes
December 31, 2012, 8:01 am