- This has been MoMA.org’s fifth-most-viewed artwork this week. You may know why, I didn’t. Explanation below.
- I’ve pumped this site before, but if you love art history, you’ll love Cave to Canvas.
- The ninth version of High Desert Test Sites, Andrea Zittel’s art show/festival will be co-curated by Dave Hickey and Libby Lumpkin. It ‘opens’ in 2013 and will dot the landscape between Joshua Tree, Calif. and Albuquerque. Find details, information for artists here. See you there. (Hear from Zittel on The Modern Art Notes Podcast!)
- On LACMA’s Unframed blog, Hylan Booker looks at Dutch mannerist Hendrik Goltzius, and the big, quite-inaccurately-titled Danae painting in the museum’s collection.
- Mary Louise Schumacher is concerned about the future of Milwaukee’s Eero Saarinen-designed War Memorial Center.
- I wish more art museums did this with exhibition publications…
- From Nicole Caruth, absinthe and the art world!
- Two tweeters explain the MoMA link at the top of this post. MoMA explains further.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green