- I’m traveling today, so we’ll start with some linksy goodness…
- The Walker’s Brooke Kellaway features selections from film director John Waters’s library. Waters curated this on-view-now show at the Walker.
- The Art Institute of Chicago’s “Francesca C.” (seriously?) digs into an El Greco… or is it? A story of conservation science and discovery… or is it?
- A few weeks ago The Modern Art Notes Podcast featured the excellent Lari Pittman, who is in this important show at the MCA Chicago. The curator of said show, Helen Molesworth, was on Bad at Sports last week. Also, you should absolutely own the smart, handsome catalogue for said show.
- Terrain.org interviewed photographer Frank Gohlke. The next-to-last question is super-smart.
- New Tumblr crush: Art being installed. [via]
- In Salon, Scott Timberg looks at recent government bailouts and asks, ‘What about the creative class?’
- A jackass or two defaces the Walker’s iconic Spoonbridge sculpture, and the museum (and the cops) swing into action, fast.
- Ivy Cooper takes a fond look at the Pulitzer’s new Gedi Sibony-organized show for the St. Louis Beacon.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green