March 12, 2012, 7:14 am
- In case you need more: The Michael Heizer rock arrives at LACMA, tweet-by-tweet. (At last.)
- Curator Jens Hoffman mixes FSA images with contemporary images for a show at the MCA Denver. In the LAT, Lisel Bradner details the show.
- Also, the LAT has gone to a pay wall, so you may not be able to read that. In a related story, I won’t be linking to David Pagel’s Ellsworth Kelly review. Or a story about Mike Kelley and his students. Or about the Getty’s collecting.
- Surprised?: The new head of contemporary art at the Metropolitan is married to a co-director of London’s Gagosian Gallery, reports Elizabeth Fullerton in ARTnews.
- There is nothing sillier than reviews of art fairs. Closest comparable: A review of the new housewares section at Ikea.
- On this week’s Modern Art Notes Podcast, I visit The Menil Collection to interview Richard Serra, whose drawings retrospective has (finally) arrived at the institution that created the exhibition. If you’ve been waiting to listen to or subscribe to the show, wait no more: Download the program, subscribe via iTunes, subscribe via RSS and/or view images from the show.
Add a Comment