- The New Republic’s Jed Perl was as effusive in his praise for the Getty’s new Carleton Watkins book as I was.
- Installing Michael Heizer presents a challenge, even his photo-documentation. (Aside to Art Institute of Chicago: What’s with this “John D.” way of crediting blog posts? Writers deserve bylines.)
- Joerg Colberg presents his favorite photobooks of the year. So does Alec Soth.
- Fresh-ish off a MoMA show, photographer Joann Verburg has released what might be the first artist-book-for-iPad.
- I’m loving these “Gold (in Silver)” posts from the ICP’s fantastic Fans in a Flashbulb blog. Here’s part one and part two.
- Jonathan Jones isn’t shy about comparing Gerhard Richter to Leonardo. [Image: Richter, Candle, 1982. Collection of SFMOMA.]
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green