- The MoMA Gursky sub-mystery explained: According to MoMA tweeter Thomas Stimpson the traffic surge was due to the Tumblr Mastergram, which recently featured the Gursky (and slapped an Instagram-style filter over it). In yesterday’s comments reader KC noted that Mastergran itself took credit for the bounce, proving I’m about the least observant person ever. Fascinating the way creative folks/websites help get collections over…
- The super-duper master calendar of Pacific Standard Time exhibitions.
- A lovely John La Farge drawing in the Brooklyn Museum’s collection… in a church in Buffalo?
- Karl Marx is back. Or at least his beard is.
- Greg Allen uncovers a small Dan Flavin mystery.
- This is how you re-create the living room of Charles and Ray Eames.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green