- “Hide/Seek” is not scheduled to travel to Houston, but Douglas Britt offers up good reasons why it should.
- Live from Indianapolis: Conservators vs. a great blue heron on an Andrea Zittel.
- Richard Vine talks with Ken Johnson about his new book, “Are You Experienced?”
- Last November in my Modern Painters column, I looked at the relationship some artists have with journalism. Among the artists I considered was Steve Mumford. This blog post + comments at Yankee magazine take a different tack. Mighty interesting stuff.
- Jonathan Jones goes all 3rd of May on the London riots.
- Conserving Indian manuscript painting at the Brooklyn Museum. I love these conservation-related blog posts because they often remind us of the element conservation has in common with art production: Decision-making.
- The LAT’s David Ng punctures MOCA’s semi-falsehood about “Art in the Streets” (not really) record-breaking attendance.
- Michele Bachmann, Renaissance scholar.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green