- Christopher Knight on Thomas Gainsborough‘s women at the San Diego Museum of Art.
- Two Coats of Paint features Louise Belcourt’s mashup of precisionism, hard-edge and landscape painting.
- Bill Poundstone features a fascinating mix of show + venue.
- Martha Rosler asks smart questions about re-enactments, be they of Civil War battles or performance art.
- Greg Cook has quips and quotes from a recent Stephen Shore talk/Q&A.
- This has to be the most under-the-radar show in the US right now, right? (Some of why?: The catalogue’s publication date isn’t until summer.)
- There seem not to be many Civil War sesquicentennial-related shows on museum calendars. It’s no surprise that the George Eastman House is already on top of the anniversary.
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green