Each day this week, MAN will feature the ten artworks most-accessed on five art museum websites. Today: The Museum of Modern Art.
- Salvador Dalí, The Persistence of Memory, 1931
- Vincent van Gogh, The Starry Night, 1889
- Pablo Picasso, Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, 1907
- Andy Warhol, Gold Marilyn Monroe, 1962
- Andy Warhol, Campbell’s Soup Cans, 1962
- Claude Monet, Water Lilies, 1914-26
- Meret Oppenheim, Object, 1936
- Charles Ray, Family Romance, 1993
- Willem de Kooning, Woman, I (at right), 1950-52
- Andrew Wyeth, Christina’s World, 1948
(Nota bene: Each museum uses slightly different metrics for keeping track of these things. MoMA’s is the ten works most-viewed in calendar 2010. MoMA also publishes a weekly most-viewed list here.)
Also in this series: SFMOMA.