- You know those blander-than-bland exhibition checklists that galleries typically have at their front desks? Galleries should dump ‘em and do what Alexander Calder did here.
- In a related story, museums should hand over (at least some of) their wall-labels to artists and illustrators, like this.
- Sharon Butler rounds up response to a new UK documentary about Anselm Kiefer.
- Geeky awesome: The complete run of 291, Alfred Stieglitz’s magazine, has been digitized by the Amon Carter Museum.
- Finally, something thoughtful and perceptive on Huffington Post!: James Elkins on Mondrian. With pictures. Lots of ‘em.
- In case you missed it, SFMOMA invited me to ‘install its collection’ via the museum’s Open Space blog. Here’s my Team Watkins vs. Team Muybridge post. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it!
- “Has Walter de Maria’s New York Earth Room ever made you crave brownies?“
Art-focused Journalism by Tyler Green